Prop Store Tricorder a Replica



Thanks to David on the Star Trek Prop, Costume & Auction Forum, we just heard from Ed Miarecki that the Tricorder offered in the Prop Store Auction, Lot # 290, is in fact a replica.


Posted Today, 08:14 AM
Be advised, the Prop Store of London
Lot 290 of 378:
STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION (1987-1994) - Light-Up Mark VII Tricorder

Is NOT screen used. From Ed Miarecki himself;

Hi David,

Good to hear from you again...Well, I can definitely give you a bombshell to drop on this item.

Yes, I did indeed make this prop...but NOT for the TNG series. This prop was custom made for a Star Trek display in Edinburgh Scotland, (you can probably research that). The evidence is the power supply and jack on the back side. I purposely made it that way at the request from Herman Zimmerman (producer), so that it could run constantly during the event. In all other aspects, it was made very similar to the props made for the series, but is definitely NOT screen-used. 

I am very curious as to how this auction house acquired it. Please keep me informed...and thanks, for bringing this to my attention.


I am quite disappointed as Prop Store told me they authenticated this item.  So the question is who they had authenticate it, as they clearly don't have the expertise to be authenticating these items.

I have contacted Stephen, Brandon and Tim with this info and asked them to make this note when the item comes up for bid today.

Thanks to David for his great work here.

Alec

 

Comments