The definitive source for information on collecting screen-used Star Trek props and costumes

Star Trek Props.com The Internet's premier source for information on collecting Star Trek props and costumes, as well as coverage of all major Star Trek auctions from the famous 2006 Christie's Star Trek auction, through the It's A Wrap Star Trek auctions on eBay and the Propworx Star Trek auctions. Star Trek Props is the best source for information of collecting original, screen-used props & costumes.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Displaying Star Trek Costumes UPDATE

I have been asked lately about displaying Star Trek costumes, and I wrote about this in a very early post. The other day someone suggested I post this info again, so here it is, with some updates.

The way I display my costumes is the way Christie's did at their auction. They are half-forms and stands that look great.

Here are the uniforms as they are displayed in my living room.


Sisko and Nog cadet uniforms

Admiral Janeway and Kirk ST:TMP jumpsuit


Now here are what the displays look like:



It is two pieces and costs $ 15.95 for the form and $ 29.95 for the stand. Well worth it. Find them here:

http://www.advantagefixtures.com/htmldocs/halfroundforms.html

Here is how my living room looks now!


Some costumes require a mannequin, like a 7 of 9 jumpsuit or any costume that would look better when filled out. I just bought a Reman costume and am going to buy a mannequin for it. I will write more on that as soon a I get one.

Alec

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Very nice costumes Alec. I like the "Christie's look". Thanks for the suggestion using the half-forms for the costumes. I was leaning toward "complete" mannequins, but the half-forms will do just fine. The display stands have a smaller "footprint" too compared to a regular mannequin. And since my space is limited the half-forms are the way to go. Thanks for the link.