The definitive source for information on collecting screen-used Star Trek props and costumes

Star Trek Props.com The Internet's premier source for information on collecting Star Trek props and costumes, as well as coverage of all major Star Trek auctions from the famous 2006 Christie's Star Trek auction, through the It's A Wrap Star Trek auctions on eBay and the Propworx Star Trek auctions. Star Trek Props is the best source for information of collecting original, screen-used props & costumes.

Friday, April 20, 2007

It's a Wrap eBay auctions - Week 18 Results

Week 18

How is this for getting the results up fast? Under an hour after the auctions ended! Well, I have a wedding tomorrow and an event Sunday, so no time to work on it this weekend.

Well, for a poor selection this week, there were some amazing surprises, some excellent prices and some good deals.

The T'Pol Blue Civilian Jumpsuit went for a stunning $ 6,501! Now this is listed as a stunt costume as the costume tag reads Bonnie Yanagisawa who is a prolific Hollywood stunt woman. Why the high bids? Well, the winning bidder (who is a very nice guy who has bought some of the Enterprise props I have had for sale) doesn't let price get in the way of what he wants. Obviously, the under bidder felt the same way! But it is a beautiful costume, and will look great on a mannequin (much better than a hanger form as I often use). Some costume require mannequins, and this is one. So a record for an Enterprise costume!

I won the The Breen Atmosphere Armor and am very happy about getting it at $ 3,616. I am a huge DS9 fan and so this will go well in my collection. Plus it is an amazing costume that looks great. I told my buddy before the auction, that I would be happy getting this costume around $ 3,500, so all ended well.

The Dimitri Valtane costume sold for a very healthy $ 2,875. The last complete one of these went for $ 2,950, so this is a very consistent price and a good deal. These are very iconic, display well and are the goal of many a Star Trek collector! I know the winner and he is a very happy man now!

The T'pol's After Hours Wear didn't get bid up past the $ 2,749 it was at on Wednesday. Now, who the hell thought a pair of PJs was worth this, I don't know. I don't even want to know what the winner is going to do with these and I don't want to know! :-)

I also won the The Orange Feature Style Engineering Suit for $ 1,715. Now I won one of these back in December, and at the time I thought it was rare, but this is the fourth one that has sold, and the cheapest. Mine didn't have the collar, the center chest insert, or a helmet. I subsequently got a black collar from a friend who won a white one at Christie's (they came with two collars), so it is nice, but this one has better gloves, the chest insert and a helmet. So, if you want one of these at a great price, let me know!

The Feature Style Crewman Uniform set a record for this type of uniform at $ 1,625. It does have the original belt, which the previous ones, that all sold in the $800-900 range, did not.

I said that the The Commander Tucker costume should go about $ 1,000 and it went for $ 1,006!

The
Archer Away Team Jacket
though distressed went for a reasonable $ 1,370. Both good deals I think. Note that I am often asked how to buy on a budget, and I think if you can live with a distressed piece (some people prefer them as having seen real "action") then there are a load of great deals in the $ 800-1,000 range.

I said I liked the Dr. Phlox Cold Weather Costume and it really jumped in the last minute from about $ 250 to $ 1,250.29. I think a lot of people had their eye on this one. Still a great deal for a nice costume with lots of accessories.

Finally, there were some beautiful civilian clothes, and I admit, the week wasn't as bad as I first thought if you look at the quality of the civilian and non-uniform character wear. I won the Tuvok Civilian Outfit because it was a beautiful piece and very reasonable at $ 515. The Reed as a Suliban costume is beautiful as well and went for only $ 517. Also the Doctor/Tom Paris Smoking Jacket was a steal at $ 390. What beautiful fabric! Dana, you will look good lounging about in this with your pipe!

So I think if you want a nice costume of your favorite character on a budget, look at the low priced costumes each week and really look at the photos and close ups.


As far as props go:

I liked the Enterprise Agony Booth Controls which ended at $ 920 and would have bid fo r them if I hadn't gotten cleaned out with my 3 previous purchases! These are very cool and will look great if displayed right. (put them on the wall next to your gym!)

The Glass Bajoran Panel sold at $ 759 and I think this was a smoking deal. If you looked at the photos, especially of the close ups, you saw how beautiful the piece is. I really wanted to go after this, but had pretty much blown the week's budget on 3 costumes already! The winner will find this is an absolutely beautiful piece and I congratulate them.


The Enterprise Dr. Soong's Lesson PADD went for a reasonable $ 739. This is the type of prop you should be looking for if you are budget minded, as it has great historical significance in the Star Trek universe and sold at a reasonable price.

The Enterprise Lantern went for $ 539, which is about right. A nice prop that will look good just about anywhere. Hopefully it works too!

The Voyager Non-Humanoid Creature at $ 510 was reasonable for such a prop.

The Alien PADD went for $ 373 which was a smoking deal! A great buy for someone who was bidding smart.



So here are some awards for the week:


Best Costume of the Week: The Breen Atmosphere Armor. Yeah I won this, so I am giving myself the award, but it is still very cool!

Best Prop of the Week: I really liked the Bajoran Glass Panel. Beautiful work and the winner got a gem.

Best Buy of the week: Travis Mayweather Desert Wear. $717.53....a steal! It comes with a pip and the Enterprise Shoulder Patch!!!

Worst Buy of the week: Tough call with a stunt suit going for $ 6,501, but still, T'pol's After Hours Wear at $ 2,749 is ridiculous.

Sleeper of the Week: The Bajoran Glass Panel at $ 759. This should have gone over $ 1,000 as it is simply beautiful. This is the first ever double award winner! (and the first time I have used a photo in both the preview and the results as it is worth seeing it again).


And here are some prices realized:

5 HIGHEST PRICED ITEMS THAT SOLD

T'Pol Blue Civilian Jumpsuit $ 6,501

The Breen Atmosphere Armor $ 3,616

Dimitri Valtane costume $ 2,875

T'pol's After Hours Wear $ 2,749

Romulan System Display Screen
$ 1,775

1 comment:

Jason S said...

I was the underbidder on the Soong pad and the lantern (and 5-6 other pieces). I did pickup 7 items with cheap costumes consisting of 6 lots. The Ferengi costume was the best of the costumes I purchased this week.
Hopefully there will be some good props this coming week.
What will the torpedo go for?