The definitive source for information on collecting screen-used Star Trek props and costumes

Star Trek Props.com The Internet's premier source for information on collecting Star Trek props and costumes, as well as coverage of all major Star Trek auctions from the famous 2006 Christie's Star Trek auction, through the It's A Wrap Star Trek auctions on eBay and the Propworx Star Trek auctions. Star Trek Props is the best source for information of collecting original, screen-used props & costumes.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

IAW payment policy violates eBay policy

Because of the Battlestar Galactica auctions, we now have an account manager at eBay who I get to discuss eBay policies and listing practices and such with. Well, I know from our own experience listing very valuable items, that you MUST take Paypal for any item you offer with no restrictions.

I found out this week in an email from Dom at IAW that they require a wire transfer for any amount over $ 2,000. Well, that violates eBay policy and you can't require that. So when I was paying for $ 12,000 worth of items I bought from IAW this AM, I used PayPal. I am sure IAW is going to hear from their eBay account manager about this, so we may see the stated policy change soon.

I am sure IAW is trying to avoid the 2.9% fee you pay when using PayPal. However, that is the cost of doing business. When we were calculating our % with Universal for Battlestar Galactica, I figured in both eBay and PayPal fees as costs that we would have to absorb.

Alec

No comments: