My First TOS Costume

Well, I finally have ventured into that rarified air that is TOS prop & costume collecting. There aren't a lot of TOS costume floating around, so when I had the chance to buy one, from a good buddy, I jumped at the chance. And the provenance is solid which makes me feel good about the item.

Many thanks to Tom Spina, who sold me his "Sleeper Suit" from the TOS episode "Space Seed". Who wouldn't want any costume from one of the greatest Star Trek epsiodes of all time! I saw this in Tom's collection two years ago, and when I was told it was up for sale I jumped at it. Tom graciously gave me the mannequin and framed photo as well!

I also happen to be friends with the long time collector who originally acquired this costume from Western Costume many years ago, and so I know the history of this particular piece.

Needless to say, I am very happy!


Alec

Comments