Robert Fletcher's Kirk Concept Art


This popped up on eBay last week and I had to get it. I am a sucker for original costume concept art, and when I saw this, I realized I had found the perfect piece for my collection.

Robert Fletcher is the well known costume designer of Star Trek I - IV, and created the iconic maroon uniforms we all so covet. This peice is titled "Captain Kirk" but has no date. It appears to be a ST: TMP uniform, though the other three pieces the seller had for sale (Sulu, Chekov and the bar alien) are all from Star Trek III.

While my bid was higher than the $ 1,136 I paid,
I am surprised it went this low. But of course we each have different perceptions of what items are worth based on our own emotional attachment to an item.

This item actually came in a nice frame that doesn't need changing. I met the seller, who lives in Palm Springs, and picked the item up. I was totally fired up when I saw it and bigger than I thought. I will have high res shots soon.

Alec

Comments

Unknown said…
Congratulations Alec! It is a nice piece, no doubt about it. For whatever reason, the Fletcher sketch of Chekov's pink ST III costume has twice failed to meet the seller's reserve and as of this writing is still available on eBay.

Cheers!

-Ray
Awesome, Alec! I'm glad you got this!
Duane said…
That's a really nice piece.

Duane
Anonymous said…
Thanks for posting this. I love concept art. With my current financial situation this is as close as I will get to it.

Slam