It's a Wrap eBay auctions - Week 21 Preview Part 2

Week 21 Preview - The Movie Costumes

After reviewing and reviewing the auctions this week, I really am floored by how HUGE this week is! I mean TONS of great costumes. And with 5 awesome costumes being re-listed, it makes a good week even stronger.

That means there will be BARGAINS. Seriously, how many great costumes can the eBay bidding population suck up in one week? Heck, I am still reeling from my last 3 weeks of purchases, and would certainly be bidding on more if I hadn't just dropped a crazy amount of money. This week is DEEP with great ST: TMP costumes and there is certainly something for everyone. Look at the sheer quantity of costumes
currently under $ 700 that are beautiful and important.

So lets start the preview:

The Star Trek: TMP Spock Class D uniform is currently the high costume from the Motion Picture group (not including the re-lists). No uniform insignia and no shoulder, but that may well be because this jumpsuit was used at the end of the movie under their field jackets. You never see anything but the collar and legs of this uniform. None the less, it is a Spock and should go between $ 2,000 and $ 3,000.

The Tuvok Flashback Maroon costume is a bit thrown together. The jacket actually isn't Tuvok's. I know that the IAW folk have been working hard to assemble these, and I guess they just couldn't find the actual jacket. None the less, this is pretty complete, so should go near $ 3,000 like the other two of these that have sold from IAW have done.

The Chancellor Gorkon Klingon costume is a real beauty! Too bad there are no boots, but a great costume none the less. I really like this movie and I think there are a bunch of good costumes to come from it. This one is at $ 1,225 and I see it going between $ 1,800 and $2,200, but that is just a guess. It may go higher because it is a rare Klingon.

The Admiral Kirk Class B uniform is pretty popular it seems. It doesn't have a chest insignia, but it does have a bio-monitor buckle and shoulder insignia. This is a great costume and my favorite Kirk outside his Admiral Dress Uniform. It is only at $ 973 now, but I see this close to $ 3,000.

The Star Trek V Kirk Climbing costume sold at Christie's as well. It was lot # 854 and went for $ 3,000. This one won't go that high. It is only at $ 930 now, and should end around $ 2,000 if I get my Kirk's right. I like this one as it is pretty complete and very recognizable.

The Ilia Starfleet uniform is a beautiful costume, but it was never used on-screen like a bunch of this week's costumes. It is at $ 810 and I think this will look great on display. This will probably go around $ 1,500 - 1,800 and is a good deal as long as you don't mind that it wasn't used on-screen.

The Star Trek III Security armor is an awesome piece. The last one went for $ 1,533 and I think this one will go a bit higher. I wish it had boots though.

The white radiological suit is a beauty and has everything but the boots (where are all the boots?). It is only at $ 610 and I think this could go close to $ 1,500. any less than that is a steal.

The Star Trek: TMP Willard Decker costume is a great one. Don't be fooled by the separated bio-monitor buckle, this is complete. At $ 510 now, this will go between $ 1,300 and $ 1,500.

The Khan's henchman costume is interesting as we haven't seen these before. Unfortunately there are no pants. And I know Khan's guys didn't run around in shorts! No clue on the value of this, but its is at $ 449 now.

The Dr. Chapel costume is one of those that you need to check to make sure that the uniform is correct. I haven't checked Trekcore, but one of my buddies questioned it as it is.

I really like the Dr. McCoy Class C Jacket Wrap. Now it wasn't used in the movie, but is a beautiful and will look great on display. It amazes me how cheap it is right now, but it should go around $ 1,500 if history holds.

NOW HERE ARE SOME POTENTIAL GREAT BARGAINS:

The Starfleet Services Technician is a funny costume but also pretty nice. This is the guy using the "vacuum" device outside the Kobayashi Maru simulator in ST II:TWOK when Kirk and Spock pass by. This has some great detailing and some obvious kit bashing. It has boots and a helmet and I think it goes under $ 1,000.

The Star Trek II:TWOK Regula 1 Scientist costume is pretty nice. These costumes are very recognizable and will look great on display because of their color. They also have great detailing on the ID Badges. At $ 380, this will go cheap, probably under $ 1,000.

The Spock Sickbay costume is unique and a potential steal as it isn't getting much attention at $ 368. You want a Spock costume, from an important scene at a great price? Bid here.

Not sure where the Scotty Class D was used in Star Trek: TMP. It has no rank or chest insignia, so it will go cheap. It is currently at $ 305 and is a good value at anything under $ 800. It is after all a Scotty!

There is also a great Spock stunt outfit from the Star Trek V Camping Scene. This is sure to go cheap and is very recognizable.

Finally, the Special Services costume is a great piece. I bought the last one and they look great on display. It was used in Star Trek III & IV.

I strongly urge you to look at the bottom half of these costumes for some great potential deals. This is an incredibly strong week, and for those of you who have been asking for a main character costume, this is your chance to get one.

Tomorrow I review the rest.

Good hunting!

Alec

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Alex ... Thanks much for the great blog. I look forward to reading it each week.

What do you think about the David Marcus top? The colors of the shirt just don't seem to match what I see on the DVD and on TrekCore. The ID batch is definitely not a match to the movie, which in itself is not a big deal.

Any thoughts you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
Loken said…
Kevin:

I really don't know what to tell you. I will ask my group to take a look and see what they say. I haven't done the research, but can tell you that there are often mistakes, or simply not enough information for IAW to accurately describe something.

Alec