A great deal slipped by most of you...

Ed Miarecki, a long time prop maker and one of the guys who helped restore the original Enterprise TV filming miniature for the Smithsonian, sold one of his Star Trek VI Assault Phasers on eBay last week. It went for only $ 1,300!

Now, most of what is passed off on eBay as "screen used" is crap, but Ed Miarecki is a solid source as he made these. My buddy Joseph from Austria, who was in Vancouver taking photos for the Battlestar Galactica auctions, won this cheap! I told him I would pay up to $ 3,000 for it and I felt the provenance was solid.

The auction descriptiuon stated:

In 1991, I was asked to fabricate Props for "Star Trek VI - The Undiscovered Country". Among them were Background Assault Phaser props. This is one of those units. It is a solid, cast resin prop with METAL detail parts, and is in EXCELLENT condition with only very minor nicks. Most of these units were used in the final climactic scene of the movie.
To the best of my knowledge, this prop was probably screen-used, although I have no positive proof of this...I can definitely say that this is one of the units shipped in the first "batch"

So a good deal for Joseph!

Alec

Comments