The Dreier Collection Auction Review - Part III


Well, now to wrap up this series of reviews of the Dreier Collection auction from Profiles in History, I will cover the rest of the pieces of significance in the auction.  Overall, a great selection of items was sold.  Here are more highlights...



Lot 205 Hero Klingon Tricorder


Sold for (4,750.00 + 1,092.50) = $ 5,842.50

 
I have to admit I was under-bidder on this and would have loved to add this to my collection.  But I bid $ 4,500 and was out bid, and I just didn't feel this was worth the $ 6,000 price it would cost me to win this.  As it is it closed at $ 4,750, which, when you add the BP, comes to $ 5,842.50.  Now, admittedly, these aren't common, so maybe I was just being cheap.  but I had already won one item, and so I was content to let this go.


Sold for (4,000.00 + 920.00) = $ 4,920.00
Well, no surprise that the world's biggest Ferengi collector, Francis, won this!  And it couldn't go to a better home.  At $ 4,920 it is a bit high, but it does come on a full mannequin.  And Francis seemed very happy to have won this particular costume.


Lot 208 Static Starfleet PADD 
 
Sold for (650.00 + 149.50) = $ 799.50

The Federation PADD at $ 799.50 is strong for a pretty bland one.  These things are a dime a dozen and there were hundreds of these made.  I think you pay no more than $ 600 for these.


Lot 209 Static Cardassian PADD

Sold for (900.00 + 207.00) = $ 1,107.00
I am surprised at the Cardassian PADD, which is tiny!  going for $ 1,107.  That is way high.    It is 4" tall!

Sold for (3,250.00 + 747.50) = $ 3,997.50
 
I have to say that at $ 3,997.50 I find this high for a static, non functioning Tricorder.  Pretty basic piece and there have been a lot or Tricorders lately.  I think this is an average price for a functioning one.
  



Sold for (3,000.00 + 690.00) = $ 3,690.00
This is a good price for a rare prop.  I have seen this prop and we just don't see that many working, non-Federation Tricorders.  A good prop at a good price. 

Lot 215 Jem'Hadar Pistol


Sold for (750.00 + 172.50) = $ 922.50


This was actually noted as missing the barrel cover and I give Profiles credit for noting this.  Used by both the Jem'Hadar and other alien races, this piece was pretty fairly priced at $ 922.50.




Lot 219 Geordi VISOR


Sold for (7,500.00 + 1,725.00) = $ 9,225.00


Well, this is about what one would expect for a Gerodi VISOR, which is one of the truly iconic pieces from TNG.  I am thinking I need to add one of these to my collection, but still a chunk of change!  But well displayed here by Profiles.  




Lot 220 Enterprise E Command Chair


Sold for (22,500.00 + 5,175.00) = $ 27,675.00


My buddy Gary won this for his amazing Star Trek media room.  He formerly had Captain Archer's chair and wanted to update it as he also has the Enterprise E helm and nav consoles.  I can't say that this is either expensive, nor reasonable, but it is one of two Enterprise E chairs in circulation (another got stolen and who knows where that is!).  So I think it is market price! 

 

Lot 221 Seven of Nine Costume

This costume has both the under-girdle/corset and a tricorder holster.  It sold for $ 13,530.  (11,000.00 + 2,530.00 BP), showing that Seven of Nine costumes are as strong as Captain's costumes!  


This is one of the nicer ones in that it is two-tone and Profiles did a good job displaying it on a mannequin, which you have to do if you own a 7 of 9 costume.  Most Federation costumes look great just on a form and costumer (the way Christie's and Propworx have done it).  But a slinky catsuit needs to be displayed on a full female mannequin.  




Lot 222  Static Starfleet PADD


Sold for (2,750.00 + 632.50) = $ 3,382.50


ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?    What two people thought this PADD was worth over $ 3,000?   At $ 3,382.50, this non-hero PADD has to be the most overpriced PADD ever sold.  Certainly one of the most expensive.  And it is a re-purposed Cardassian PADD!  It doesn't even look like a Federation PADD.  Now, I will tell you I bid $ 1,000 on this because of its distinctiveness, but two people thought it was worth a lot more and I have no clue why!


And the screen cap Profiles provided is 100% WRONG.  WTF they put a bad screencap in is beyond me, but this is almost fraudulent.  That is NOT the right screencap, and Picard DID NOT use this PADD.


Trekcore is the definitive source for HD screencaps and so there is no excuse for this sloppiness.  Go here to see the HD screencap of this image and see it is NOT what Profiles claims.


http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/firstcontacthd/firstcontacthd1817.jpg

SCREENCAP IN PROFILES CATALOG:



HD SCREENCAP FROM TREKCORE:



This is CLEARLY not the PADD offered by Profiles in this lot. 
 

Lot 226 Gold Plated Enterprise Miniature


Sold for (7,000.00 + 1,610.00) = $ 8,610.00


There were a LOT of these made for First Contact.  But I find it interesting that Profiles has more detailed information on this one and would love to have found out more.  A very cool piece, but I think on the high side because there are so many of them.




Sold for (8,000.00 + 1,840.00) = $ 9,840.00

Can't argue with this price and we see good captain's costume holding strong and even moving up a bit. I bought my Archer (The "These are the Voyages" version) for $ 5,000 and that is where Archer's have traded up till now.  This is a good price and means quality is still strong in Enterprise costumes.



Sold for (7,000.00 + 1,610.00) x 1 = 8,610.00
What I love about this is it includes both pips and a comm badge, which sadly, most It's a Wrap costumes never did.   Strong at $ 8,610, this goes to show Data's enduring appeal.  Plus this is a great looking costume.


Well, there you go!  More coming tomorrow!

Alec
 

Comments